Theatrical Outfit is a great place to be an intern. Sure, you’ll do your fair bit of filing. But you’ll also get incredible opportunities to work with the designers, actors and staff of the theatre. From helping design costumes to creating unique marketing campaigns, Theatrical Outfit interns receive a wide array of responsibilities to challenge and expand their knowledge in the Atlanta theatre industry. And there are plenty of perks, like free tickets to our shows and amazing add-ons to your resume. Learn more below and send in your application today!
THEATRICAL OUTFIT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Theatrical Outfit Internship Program provides early career development for college students, recent graduates and professionals seeking job experience with a non-profit theatre arts organization. Interns receive professional training, hands on experience and career guidance from Theatrical Outfit staff and guest artists. Internships are custom fit based on the requests of individual applicants and the needs of the theater. Internships are available throughout the year.
Internships are available in the following departments: Casting, Literary/ Dramaturgy, Box Office, Development/ Fundraising, Marketing/ Publicity, Production Management, Theatre Management, Stage Management, Set Design/ Production, Lighting Design/ Production, Costume Design/ Production, Sound Design/ Production.
Return filled out form, resume and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to take criticism
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong knowledge of computer programs: excel, word,
- Basic knowledge of computer programs: adobe, powerpoint
- Interns are not paid.
- Interns are required to have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Theatrical Outfit does not provide or validate parking.
- Theatrical Outfit does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for securing housing.
- Exact schedules, start dates and end dates are determined based on individual interns’ schedules and theatre’s needs.
- Applicants for positions at Theatrical Outfit are considered without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religious or political beliefs, union activities, gender identity , citizenship, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Professional development.
- Networking opportunities with directors, designers, board members and theatre professionals.
- Inclusion in Theatrical Outfit events such as Meet and Greets, Opening Night Receptions, Director Circle Events.
- Complimentary tickets to all Theatrical Outfit productions during the course of internship.
- Discounts and free tickets to area theatres and arts organizations.
- Academic credit, as arranged with interns’ individual college or university.
- Auditioning experience and one on one acting classes with guest directors, our casting director and Artistic Director Tom Key.
- Portfolio critiques from professional designers.
- Letters of recommendation upon successful completion of internship.