Theatrical Outfit (TO) is committed to developing the next generation of both artists and audiences. Building on our 15-year history of a successful internship program, TO is excited to announce the establishment of our first year-round apprentice company.
Theatrical Outfit’s Apprentice Program seeks to bridge the gap between the academic and professional worlds by providing hands-on experience to recent college graduates in the areas of performance, direction, production, and administration. Apprenticeships at TO contain four major aspects:
See the applications linked below for detailed goals in three main areas of training: Artistic, Management, and Production. See the side buttons on this page for What to Expect and Benefits and Perks of a TO apprenticeship.
Applications will be accepted in March and applicants are notified by May 15. All who apply will receive some form of notification from TO.
Applications for the 2020-2021 Theatrical Outfit Apprentice Company are now OPEN. TO will engage an initial company of 4 Apprentices within focuses on Artistic, Production, and Management. Apprentices will be in residence with TO from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021, working 20 – 35 hours per week. Each Apprentice will be paid a stipend of $10,000 for the year and will receive two weeks of vacation time. Housing and transportation is not provided.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Prepare a cover letter answering the following questions:
– Why does an apprenticeship interest you at this time?
– Why have you chosen TO?
– What are your career goals, and how will an apprenticeship at TO help you achieve them?
2. Print and complete the appropriate application for your area of interest.
3. Submit cover letter, completed application, and requested supporting materials to by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on April 1, 2020. Indicate “Apprenticeship Application” in the subject line.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
1. Theatrical Outfit will confirm receipt of all applications via email.
2. Completed applications will be reviewed by staff. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Applicants may be invited to participate in a phone, video, or in-person interview or audition. Not every applicant is granted an interview. 2020 interview and audition dates are TBA.
4. Applicants will be notified regardless of acceptance status no later than May 15, 2020.
Theatrical Outfit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.